15% Case Discount
Free Delivery on orders of $100 or more
The Philipponnat family has been based in the Champagne region since the 17th century. The history dates back to 28 July 1697, when Pierre Philipponnat registered his coat of arms - chequered in gold and red - still the emblem of the House to this day. After establishing themselves as vineyard owners, the Philipponnat family started to elaborate Champagne wines in the middle of the nineteenth century.
In 1910, Auguste and Pierre Philipponnat created the Champagne House and acquired historical cellars dating back to the 18th century in Mareuil-sur-Aÿ.
Auguste died in the first world war, and his brother Pierre then presided over the House on his own. In 1935, Pierre purchased Clos des Goisses, located at the edge of the village, which had been owned by several vintners. By so doing, he was able to reconstitute this exceptional vineyard entirely made up of hillsides facing southward - unparalleled in the Champagne region.
For many generations, the Philipponnat family has remained true to its regional origins, successfully developing the image and prestige of Philipponnat Champagnes in France and abroad.
Heir to true tradition, in November 1997, Philipponnat joined the Boizel Chanoine Champagne Group, whose business activities are exclusively focused on Champagne. In this context, Philipponnat's development has been given new vitality and momentum, to take its place as an upscale trade mark aimed at traditional sales networks.
Visit the Philipponnat website
All sizes are 750mL unless otherwise noted.
Vintages and ratings subject to change at any time.
All pricing and availability subject to change.